#136900 No content is showing up on my website

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme No content is showing up on my website

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi there.

I logged into my account about 2 days ago and noticed all content from all pages on the website is missing except for one page. I urgently need to get this content back up. When speaking to WordPress they told me that there was a bug with the Jupiter beta plugin as many others were experiencing issues too so they told me to delete this plugin.

Please help me fix this asap as people are visiting the website and they aren’t able to see any content.

Thank you

Mauricio

Private
    Nodari Support Team
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Mauricio McPherson
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi there

I see no content in these pages, I suggest you go to the day they had content and restore the backup from the JetPack activity log https://wordpress.com/activity-log/askthepeople.tv

That is the only way of restoring the page contents.

Regards

Mauricio McPherson

Hi Amir/Rodari.

I’m confused, are you both supporting me with my request as developers or are you just responding as a member from the community?

I understood that Rodari was going to help me fix it by accessing my account.

The content is still 100% there. If you try to search for something for example search for the keyword: participant

It will then display results on the search page. However when you click on any of the results it would take you to a page with no content. I feel something is either enabled or disabled but I have no idea what?

This is very urgent as many people are looking at the website but cannot see anything.

Mauricio

Nodari Support Team

Hi Mauricio

I just verified all your settings and I agree with my colleague, there is no content on the pages, it’s not about the setup or configuration, there is no content at all, as an example, I added some elements on this page here: https://askthepeople.tv/suggest/ and it is appearing normally now,

If you had content here before and you cant see it now I recommend you to undo your last changes that triggered this problem and restore your site from the earlier working point

Let us know if you still have any issues

Regards

Mauricio McPherson

I disagree Nodari.

There is definitely 100% content there. Why is it appearing in the search results then? If there was no content at all then when searching for keywords like ‘participants’ it should come back empty. There is something wrong/a glitch with your theme.

I experienced issues when updating the values on the about page on the website. I had to update this about 20 times. It appears for a few minutes and then disappears which is so annoying.

As much as I like what your theme offers, so far it’s the worst experience I’ve ever had with any theme I’ve ever used. Please could you give me more attention and help me resolve this otherwise I would ask for a full refund. I have lost all confidence in your theme. I don’t feel like I can trust that things would be safe in let’s say 2 months time. What’s stopping from the website breaking again or me losing content again.

P.S. I’m mindful about going back to a previous version as you say. I have already spent time since I lost content, meaning that I would have lost hours and hours of work to retrieve content which may disappear again.

Thank you

Mauricio

Mauricio McPherson

Hi again Amir/Rodari.

I looked at the history and went back to a previous revision from 3 weeks ago made on 16:22 (#619). Here it doesn’t include the original content that I added to the website. The next revision from 3 weeks ago on Nov 21st at 4:22pm (#620) keeps on loading but doesn’t display the content. Instead it displays the black screen as I had previously mentioned with you over the last few days. What this means is that there’s no way of retrieving the content back as it was.

Please could we schedule a call to discuss this? As stated already this is urgent. Every hour this is not getting resolved we are losing money.

Thank you.

Mauricio

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Mauricious,

I was investigating this issue on your website and here are my findings:

on the wp_postmeta table, the pages that show no content are missing this meta key and value: _elementor_controls_usage. It has nothing to do with the theme. It’s an element or issue. Please note that we don’t have any Beta version at all. I realized you were using the developer beta version of Elementor that may cause this issue. I was looking for a way to use the revision’s meta information as your final page meta, but it appears like even the revisions of those pages have no meta key _elementor_controls_usage. Unfortunately, at this point, only restoring a backup can help you. The content of the pages exists on the database right now, that’s why it shows up in the search results, however, this meta key that is necessary for elementor to render the page contents is missing. If you switch the page contents from Elementor to block editor, the content will be converted to blocks, but you will have to create the pages from scratch using Elementor. I downgraded the Elementor to the latest stable version for you. Please never use Elementor beta or dev versions on a production website. It will cause such issues.

Best regards

Mauricio McPherson

Thanks for your feedback Mohsin. It was useful.

I changed to block editing and was able to view the content. I copied and pasted into a word document then removed what was previously added to the block editor. I then went back to elementor and pasted the content.

However, the issue here was that when I publish it still doesn’t display the content, and instead displays the same video found on the homepage, which I have no idea why it displays this.

Please could you help me to amend this asap.

Thank you.

Mauricio

Mauricio McPherson

I’ve just noticed that my pages urls have changed. For example http://www.askthepeople.tv/terms is now¬† ?page_id=598

This is not good as we have already shared the url link with our participants/customers. Please fix/amend yourself. Thank you

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

My bad, while diagnosing, I changed the permalink structure to “Plain” format through WordPress settings -> Permalinks. I just set it to what it was before and the page issue is resolved. Please check.

Mauricio McPherson

Fab. Thanks for fixing this for me Mohsin

Amir Rather Support Team

You’re most welcome Mauricio ūüôā

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login