#81974 OnClick Event Tracking (GTM)

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme OnClick Event Tracking (GTM)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I am struggling to get the onClick event tracking (detailed here) working. Could you provide a clearer step-by-step process on how to do this, please? The Elementor support page mentions you need to add a HTML widget to the page, whereas yours simply says you need to paste the code into the Jupiter X > Control Panel > Settings > Tracking Codes page. However, there are four boxes on that page (as attached), and it’s unclear as to where you’re supposed to be pasting them in.

Regardless, I have tried both Elementor and Jupiter X’s methods (and tried all tracking code boxes) to no avail. Could you help me out on this, please? I’d like to track one button in my header (built with Elementor), and three other buttons on my homepage individually.

Thank you very much.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

You can use both methods, but in this case its better if you choose Elementor way since you want to add button tracking code, so, please follow Elementor way to add any kind of trigger to the button

Clear Card

Thank you for the reply. I have tried the Elementor method but sadly it isn’t working. To confirm: I am replacing the text in bold with the button CSS ID and my Google Tag Manager ID (GTM-XXX). Is this correct? Also, is it OK to delete the Facebook section?

<script>
    document.addEventListener(“DOMContentLoaded”, function(event) {
    jQuery(‘#My_Button a‘).click(function(){
    // tracking code here
    // for example Facebook Pixel:
    fbq(‘track’,’AddToCart’);
    });
    });
    </script>

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Clear Card.
    Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Please try this instruction:

https://www.lovesdata.com/blog/google-tag-manager-button-click-tracking

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Clear Card

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn’t fix it. I already have everything set up correctly on the GTM side and have created a few triggers to fire whenever an element with a specific ID is clicked (such as the example attached), but despite setting the CSS ID in Elementor, the trigger isn’t firing.

I have other triggers set up that fire when specific links are clicked, and those work fine, but ID-specific triggers aren’t firing for some reason.

Hello,

Please share wp-admin panel credentials in the private reply and show the full code you’re using.

Also specify what button you want to add for tracking and on which page it’s located.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Clear Card

Sadly, I can’t do that due to company policy. Any other suggestions you can provide? Has this been an issue in the past?

Hello,

We need to investigate the issue, so need access to your WP Dashboard.

Can you create custom user for us and assign Administrator role for it so we can log in?

Thank you.

Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login