#134479 Parallax stoped working & something with comments (single post) section

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Parallax stoped working & something with comments (single post) section

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

PLEASE, I just want MOHSEN to help me for this ticket in order to avoid to waste so much of my time (it’s been enough now) as always here. Thanks for understanding.

Hi. I need to move the section of comments where “Leave a comment” is shown in single posts (ie: this one: https://www.tarotdemariarituales.com/3-mini-rituales-en-30-segundos/ ) to the end or, which it’s the same, at least after the right bar section for the mobile view. But I just can’t find a way to make it work properly. So I went to open a ticket for that while I realize that parallax it’s not working anymore!😭come on… Apparently now it’s showing the images “fix” while it shouldn’t.

For that, I’ve been testing any possible issue with my cache plugin but the problem seems not to be there. With Jupiter theme being so flat and insipid yet without the viewport animation disabled in mobile devices I can’t stay without parallax effect too.

I really need some help here to fix those two things. Many thanks.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Maria,

So sorry for the delayed response. I had to modify the wp-content/themes/jupiter-child/views/singular/wp-single.php to the attachment and then add this CSS in Jupiter -> Theme Options -> Advanced -> Custom CSS. These changes will add a new sidebar to your blog pages and hide the other one on the mobile. The final result is the comments section that is moved to the end of the page on mobile devices. Please check it now.

@media screen and (max-width: 851px ) {
        .single-post #mk-sidebar {display:none !important; }
        .single-post #mk-sidebar-mobile {display:block !important; }
    }

@media screen and (min-width: 851px ) {
        .single-post #mk-sidebar-mobile {display:none !important; }
         .single-post #mk-sidebar {display:block !important; }

}

Regarding the parallax effect on mobile, unfortunately, it is disabled for a reason. The parallax effect will cause massive damage to the scrolling in different mobile devices. So far, there is no cure for it unless disabling it on mobiles. If you search for “Parallax problem on mobiles” in google, you will see dozens of similar issues with different themes and websites. So far, the best is to disable it. Sorry about that, but since you don’t know who uses which device and who actually has the issue after enabling the parallax effect, better to keep it deactivated. Thanks for your understanding.

Bests

Maria Stardust

Hi Mohsen, so glad you’ve come to me with some help.

I’ll try your code and let you know if it work 🙂

About the parallax effect I meant in the pc version, it’s not working anymore, in mobile version I know it doesn’t work because of all you told.

I think it could be an issue??…

Thanks for letting me know.

Maria Stardust

Just a quick message to say that I aded your css code and it’s working perfectly! I’m beyond happy with that since the side bar it’s more important to be shown before the comments (specially because the boring text at the end for the GDPR for them)

Now it only last that strange issue with the parallax for the laptop version… :/ I’ll be waiting for your reply.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hi Maria,

Glad to see it worked 🙂

However, I have difficulties locating the parallax images that are not working. I checked your homepage via my Google Chrome and I could see the parallax effects working fine. Please check the video recording attached to my reply. (There is some delay due to using video recording. Without recording the video, parallax is smooth and fine).

I also checked some other pages and realized there are some JS console errors because of using Cloud Flare’s Rocket Loader feature. It can be related to the parallax issue, so in case you are still seeing the problem, please deactivate the Rocket loader feature in your Cloud Flare account and see if it’s still happening.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Bests

Maria Stardust

Hmm… I’m not sure we’re talking about the same parallax. See: I’ve checked your video and I still seeing parallax not working (also re-checked on chrome and safari from my 2 computers), maybe you refer to the kind of second layer images moving (like ebook ipad, or the amethyst stone or the 3 candles floating gift) although, I meant for the background images like: the first one of the purple/dark moon beach background that you can see first of all when you open the site, or the one of the purple smoke like in the middle of the page. They both have parallax effect on, but as you can see they’re completely still. That’s what’s not working for some reason since like last jupiter updates.

Also, not sure if I want to disable Rocket loader since it makes my site fast and I’m neither totally sure it’s due because of that.

I hope it’s now clear and we can find where’s the issue here. Thanks.

Hi Maria,

My apologies for the delay. I understand now, sorry for the misunderstanding at the first place. The parallax backgrounds require the Smooth Scroll option to be enabled on Jupiter -> Theme Options -> General. I checked and realized this option was disabled on your website. I then enabled it and the backgrounds are now having a smooth parallax effect. I remember an issue with the smooth scroll function in the previous version which is resolved now but can not recall if we were advised to disable it for a reason or not. Anyway, the issue with the smooth scroll functionality has been resolved recently and you can keep it working.

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Bests

Maria Stardust

Hi Mohsen.

Definitely that was so weird… 🙄 they stopped working it in two of my websites and now that I’m checking in that second website is disabled too.

Anyways, I apologizes myself too for the misunderstanding because maybe I could be more specific in my messages (although english it’s not my native language – doing my best – and I’m writing them a bit fast for my job). I’m very happy to finally find a solution for that, so any delay was very worthy.

I wonder if I could claim a bit more of your kindness and patience and ask you a little bit question more that was going around my hade since a few years now (since GDPR). If not and I need to open another ticket for it, please, let me know.

Ie: In this website https://m.promod.fr/accueil/ (mobile version) you can see at the end of the page, below the newsletter form, a text who says “…cliquez ici pour voir la suite…” (which means: click on here to see more” in french; please see attachment for illustrate it).

I want to make the same for part of my GDPR text (which you can see on my pages since I’ve added it to my php code manually years ago), I mean: you can read the first paragraph with a bit of the text, but for more you need to click, and retract it if you click again and so on.

The question is: It is possible to do that in any way? (of course without plugins).

I’ve been searching and trying some codes of the internet but nothing worked. I’m just trying to make my website more read/design/friendly when following at the same time with the mandatory gdpr text too.

Many thanks.

Maria Stardust

Have to say that It’ll be the same for both of mobile and pc version. Thanks!

Private
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Maria Stardust

Ah… my god 😭, I did have a really scary moment seeing my website was down and I couldn’t restore it up (i didn’t received your message yet).

Following your instructions (thanks for the attachments) it’s now up again 😇, feeling blessed.

Regarding the code you mention, I’m not sure how can I be able to put that “click to see full text/or whathever” where the GDPR text is (and in which part of the paragraph it begins to hide that text and which one it’s still visible)… 🙄

I mean, I can see the selected text which is on my php as you show me in the screenshot, but when open your toggle zip archive I do not know how to put that inside of it, sorry, maybe it’s so simple but I’m not seeing it.

Thanks

Glad that you could restore the website. I added the code for you (this time with extra care) and you can see the results on your blog posts now. (You wanted it for this place, right?)

Please let me know what text should be replaced for the locations that I pointed in the attached screenshot. You can also change these texts through the jupiter-child/functions.php using the File Manager text editor on your cPanel. (Lines 124 and 126)

Maria Stardust

Yes! I’ve modified and replaced that provisional text description and added my legal text.

As I use a toggle from Wpbackery for the legal text on my subscription pages don’t need it in any other place (by now… if I don’t forget anything…) but I understand that if needed, I could use (maybe, I’m not a programmer) that code you’ve inserted in css advanced page right?

Hi Maria,

The code I wrote contains 3 parts:

HTML (in your functions.php file, you editted the text here):

<div class="gdpr-container-full"  >

<p><em><span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282; line-height: 0.5;">Tarot de Mar&iacute;a te informa que los datos de car&aacute;cter personal que nos proporciones rellenando el presente formulario ser&aacute;n tratados por Mar&iacute;a Gonz&aacute;lez (Tarot de Mar&iacute;a) como responsable de esta web. La finalidad de la recogida y tratamiento de los datos personales que te solicitamos es para gestionar los comentarios que realizas en este blog.<span style="color: #828282;"><span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282;"><br /></span></span></span><span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282; line-height: 0.5;"><span style="color: #828282;">Legitimaci&oacute;n: Consentimiento del interesado. Como usuario e interesado te informo que los datos que me facilitas estar&aacute;n ubicados en los servidores de Raiola (proveedor de hosting de Tarot de Mar&iacute;a) dentro de la UE. </span><a href="https://raiolanetworks.es/wp-content/uploads/Politicadeprivacidad.pdf" target="_blanck&quot;" rel="nofollow">Ver pol&iacute;tica de privacidad de Raiola.</a><span style="color: #828282;">&nbsp;El hecho de que no introduzcas los datos de car&aacute;cter personal que aparecen en el formulario como obligatorios podr&aacute; tener como consecuencia que no atender pueda tu solicitu<span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282;">d. Po</span></span><span style="color: #828282;">dr&aacute;s ejercer tus derechos de acceso, rectificaci&oacute;n, limitaci&oacute;n y suprimir los datos en [email protected] as&iacute; como el derecho a presentar una reclamaci&oacute;n ante una autoridad de control<span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282;">. P</span></span><span style="color: #828282;">uedes consultar la informaci&oacute;n adicional y detallada sobre Protecci&oacute;n de Datos en nuestra p&aacute;gina web: https://www.tarotdemariarituales.com, as&iacute; como consultar nuestra </span><a href="https://www.tarotdemariarituales.com/politica-de-privacidad" target="_blanck&quot;" rel="nofollow">pol&iacute;tica de privacidad.</a></span></em></p>

</div>
    <div class="gdpr-container-description active" > <em><span style="font-size: 14px; color: #828282; line-height: 0.5;"> Tarot de Mar&iacute;a te informa que los datos de car&aacute;cter personal que nos proporciones rellenando el presente formulario ser&aacute;n tratados por</a></span></em>
    </div>
    <a class="toggle-gdpr-text-on-comments" href="#" >...click aquí para ver el resto...</a>

2 – Javascript (in Theme Options -> Advanced -> Custom JS):

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    	jQuery(".toggle-gdpr-text-on-comments").on("click", function(e) {
    		e.preventDefault();
    		jQuery(".gdpr-container-description").toggle("active");
    		jQuery(".gdpr-container-full").toggle("active");
    	});

});

3 – CSS (in Theme Options -> Advanced -> Custom CSS):

.gdpr-container-description, .gdpr-container-full {display: none;}
    .gdpr-container-description.active ,.gdpr-container-full.active{display: block;}

If you want to use the same toggle on any other part of your website, just use the HTML part in an “HTML RAW” shortcode. The JS and CSS codes are global and you don’t need to use them in any other place. Just use the HTML part in an HTML RAW shortcode and change the text as you wish. It will work. 🙂

Bests

Maria Stardust

Just the HTML code… understood!

I can’t be more grateful to have fixed those issues yet on my website (down website moment included 😅🙈, that was the real halloween time of all year), so I can’t thank you enough, as always, for helping me with that efficient response and knowledge that you have with your customers.

I hope you have the best day!

Grateful.

Glad that it was helpful 🙂

Warmest regards Maria

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login