#52391 Polylang and last theme updates

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Polylang and last theme updates

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there, after the last 2 theme updates we are experiencing massive server performance issues that, we believe, are related to the polylang plugin. The problems started after the February, 21 update when the server started to work almost at 100% CPU and memory. We stumbled on the instructions for the polylang and wpml plugins, so we deactivated the polylang plugin and did a Theme Mod clean up. With the plugin deactivate the server came back to its regular operation. Activating the plugin again resulted in an increase of server resource usage, but the site did not crash so we continued to use it. After the latest theme update (March 18) exactly the same thing happened but now any attempt to activate the polylang plugin causes the site to crash as all of the server resources are exhausted. We have to go in via FTP to deactivate the plugin an restore the site. Up to February, 21 everything was working fine with no problem and besides the theme updates and content changes, nothing else has changed on the site for the past 4-5 months. We need a Multilanguage site and polylang was working for us as well. Please advise, thank you.

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

We need to investigate this.

Please provide us with WP Dashboard and FTP credentials in the private reply.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    Aikaterini Polyzou
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Private
    Aikaterini Polyzou
    Private
    Private
    Aikaterini Polyzou
    Private
    Aikaterini Polyzou
    Aikaterini Polyzou

Hi there, do we have any progress on the Polylang problem?

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi There,

Here is what I did to resolve the issue on your staging website. You can do the same to fix it on your live website as well.

I installed a PHPMyAdmin plugin, then opened the ran this query to see the largest records in wp_options table.

SELECT * FROM wpwl_options order by length(option_value) DESC

I realized a big corrupted data related to Polylang and Customizer settings exist. So I removed it. The issue resolved after removing it. Please check it on the staging website and see if you can do the same on the live website. I can gladly do the same on your live website if you confirm.

Best Regards

Aikaterini Polyzou

OK, so far so good, looks like its working, thank you

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

You are welcome.

Feel free to create a new topic if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login