#129519 Portfolio display broken after update from Jupiter 6.4.1 to 6.9

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Portfolio display broken after update from Jupiter 6.4.1 to 6.9

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

We have a staging site set up so we could test the updates from Jupiter, 6.4.1, to 6.9. All theme required plugins were updated as well. We noticed that the portfolio display is broken now. No changes were made and I checked the settings in the portfolio section and they are the same. Our site uses the portfolio heavily and want to see what is breaking it. Everything is up to date, all plugins, WordPress core and theme. thanks

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Please add this code in Theme Options > Advanced > Custom CSS:

.mk-portfolio-container.grid-spacing-true .four-column {
    height: 270px;
    }
    #loop-18.grid-spacing-true .mk-portfolio-grid-item .item-holder,
    .mk-portfolio-item.slidebox-hover .featured-image,
    .mk-portfolio-item.slidebox-hover .featured-image img {
    height: 100%;
    }

Regards.

Private
    Kristin Fooey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Alexander Hutsol Support Team
    Kristin Fooey

If you look at the masonry on the live site vs the staging site, they are not the same at all. Is that a change in the layout or styles that broke like the others?

Also, you did not address the question about the messed up styles for this page on staging site (/case-studies/). You added some styling, which again, I can do but what you added has all of the images stretched to fit a height of 270. This is using a three column layout, the images are supposed to be bigger and this totally screws the aspect ratio. In other words, I still have to fix the styling. The first styles that you had me add were for four column layout. Please look at the live site vs. the staging pages (urls in previous post) so you can see what I am referring to. Images are extremely important on our site, our industry is in image lighting and effects. The changes you are suggesting seem like patches to a broken css issue in the builder. I have no issues fixing styling but this seems like a broader problem, was this a common issue after upgrading for others?

This theme uses a modified version of WP Bakery, so I am guessing this is where the problem lies? Seems like a bug to me because it was not a problem before the update.

My question is this:  Is your solution that we have to go in and fix all of the now broken styling on the portfolio?

thank you

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Please also add this css code:

.mk-portfolio-item .featured-image img {
    object-fit: cover;
    }

Also you can increase the height value 0f 270px, then the images should be displayed better.

As for the image gallery, I tested it via my site and it showed properly. So something is wrong on your site only. Do you allow to reupload theme files on the staging site?

Regards.

Kristin Fooey

Yes, you can re-upload the parent theme files/theme plugins on the staging site if you think there is an issue there and want to test. I am going to wait to add any other CSS until this is done. Please let me know when that is complete.

thank you!

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Kristin,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you’ve been through. I should mention that the BFI_THUMB library that is responsible to generate images on the fly will work if the IMAGICK module is installed and activated on your web server. I realized that the IMAGICK is not installed. You can check it in Tools -> Site Health -> Info to make sure. Since the Imagick is not installed, the image resizer won’t work and because you have selected the image sizes to be “Resize & Crop” in your Portfolio shortcodes, they are broken. To fix this issue, you either need to make sure the IMAGICK is installed and activated and then clear your server cache, or create a new image size through Jupiter -> Control Panel and use that image size on your portfolio shortcodes. This would resolve the issue without any CSS fix.

Hope it helps 🙂

Bests

Private
    Kristin Fooey

Hi Kristin,

I installed and activated the “Force Regenerate thumbnails’ plugin that can regenerate the images based on the image size you created through Jupiter Control Panel -> Image Sizes. However, when I started the process, it just shows this:

(ID 2549)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2548)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2547)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2546)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2545)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2544)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2543)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2542)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2541)
    Unknown failure reason.
    (ID 2540)
    Unknown failure reason.

However, I tested this on your old staging website which doesn’t have Imagick. Would you also share the new staging credentials as it seems that the old credentials are not working anymore here. Please do it on a PRIVATE reply.

Bests

Private
    Kristin Fooey
    Private
    Private
    Kristin Fooey

Hi Kristin,

I realized that it’s related to BFI thumb script that we use in the theme and it’s not working with HTTP2 requests. In fact, it causes a bug where it can not compare the URL of the image in str_replace() function when it is sent via HTTP2. I raised a bug report for that and soon our developers will come with a fix. I will update you accordingly. This was a hidden but very important bug that thanks to you, is now discovered.

Bests

Kristin Fooey

Thanks for the response and I will look forward to the fix so we can move forward with the updates to the site. I am glad you were able to identify the broader problem.

Thanks, It’s kind of you. I will update you ASAP.

Kristin Fooey

Just checking in here to see if any progress has been made? Thanks

Hi Kristin,

Thank you very much for being patient all this time. We realized that the issue with HTTP2 and BFI Thumb happens only on those websites that do not server through HTTPS by default. Furthermore, you had two constants in your wp-config.php file, defining the site_url and home_url like :

define( 'WP_SITEURL', 'http://staging.yourdomain.com' );
    define( 'WP_HOME', 'http://staging.yourdomain.com' );

While HTTP2 converts all the URLs to HTTPS by default, it was causing confusion in the BFI thumb, disallowing it to understand if the image is locally hosted or not. So, changing the above constants in your wp-config.php file resolved the issue:

define( 'WP_SITEURL', 'https://staging.yourdomain.com' );
    define( 'WP_HOME', 'https://staging.yourdomain.com' );

The issue is now fixed on your staging website, however, you need to check the live website to make sure such constant is not defined like that. It is also possible that you have the above contestants defined correctly and yet have the issue, and that could be old URLs in your DB that point to the HTTP version of your domain. In this case, a search through the DB using the “Better Search and Replace” plugin and replacing the http://YOURDOMAIN.COM with https://YOURDOMAIN.COM should fix the issue.

Hope it helps 🙂

Best regards

Kristin Fooey

thank you very much. We will try the suggestions on the live site. I looked at the staging site and reviewed the wp-config and can see the issue. I’m glad you were able to make that discovery and it was not something deeper within the code or on the server that was creating the problem. Always something to learn!

thanks,

Glad that it helped 🙂

By the way, you still need the Imagick extension to be available on your WebHost to make it work.

Best regards

Kristin Fooey

ok, the staging site you were working on is on the same server as the live site so we should be good there. It was the first staging site I set up was on a different server and it was missing that extension.

thanks again

Cool then, it should work 🙂

Bests

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login