#132688 posts and page width

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme posts and page width

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

<div class=”js-comment comment__item”>
    <div class=”comment__body”>
    <div class=”js-comment__body t-preformatted”>
    <div>

I seem to be having an amazingly difficult time trying to display posts from a specific category in the way i want them displayed.

I am trying to display posts in a single column display, with title and CTA button inside of the post image area with navigation.

Ive been trying to workout how to do this for over a day using the utterly useless crocobloc elements and ive come to the end of my patients with those. I would use the Jupiter X option, but there is no way to select which post categories i want displayed. This is something I and others have raised via themeforest over the past few months but as of yet there is no fix for this on the horizon.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”js-comment comment__item-response”>
    <div class=”comment__body–response”>
    <div>

The ultimate kick to the crutch is that if I turn on sortable in the Jupiter posts widget in elementor i can see the post categories, but there is absolutely no way to define which categories i want to show in the posts. How do i do this? Why is this such a completely impossible task to achieve?

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”js-comment comment__item-response”>
    <div class=”comment__body–response”>

and under the class raven-post-content how do i define the back ground colour and padding properties for this area? Ive done this using custom CSS in customiser, but it effects all posts on the site, I need specific style changed applied to posts being displayed on a given page which should be controllable in elementor but currently i cannot see any options to do so.

Something else i have also come across is that when using the default layout for posts, if i set featured image to NO the featured image is hidden but the area where it is shown is still there. Hiding just the image, but leaving a huge grey space makes absolutely no sense. If I use other display options such as full width, or elementor full-width page options lose functionality but they are still present and usable in the page options section which, again, makes absolutely no sense.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi there,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The Posts, Products and Posts Carousel element are facing an issue after the recent update of Elementor, causing the terms and category selection to hide. It is resolved and just waiting to be released. For now, if you downgrade your Elementor to 3.3.x from Elementor -> Tools -> Version Control, the issue will be resolved.

Regarding the issue with the Posts on your blog page, I should mention that, once you select a page to be your blog page in Settings -> Reading, you can’t control the elements inside it if you just edit the blog page with Elementor. The blog page will be generated automatically and in fact, it would be considered as an Archive page. In this case, if you want to edit the posts element, you need to create an archive page template in Customizer -> Blog -> Archive and assign it to your archive pages. This way you can add a Posts widget on that template and enable the “Is Archive Template” option to query the posts based on the archive page query.

—-
    As for the large grey bar issue, can I ask you a link where I can see it, please? I couldn’t locate where to check as everything seems to be normal in your blog single and archive page now.

Bests

info-01b181a3

Hi Mohsin,

thank you for the reply. The rollback worked nicely.

Regarding post pages I understand the roll of setting the post page in general wordpress settings and achieve pages. My query comes down to specific functionality of styled elements inside of elementor. Using the JET posts element I can create the below page

https://tokyomagic.co.uk/virtual-exploration/

Using the Jupiter element I can create the below

https://tokyomagic.co.uk/virtual-exploration-2/

what I am trying to achieve is the look of the first page (opaque black background to help make the title and button stand out) with the functionality of the second, whilst not affecting the looks of the other two posts page I have setup, those being the main page (https://tokyomagic.co.uk/) and the following page https://tokyomagic.co.uk/wedding-photography/our-work/. Both of these pages have their own posts element and are styled to look the same, but have been separated out as I require the different post categories displayed to be on different pages. Hence my need to find a solution to displaying specific post categories relative to pagination functionality. Essentially I am using posts and post categories as a way of adding content to specific pages automatically without having to manually create a section on a page and then link the content into that section.

I have tried adding a id to these elements but that only seems to affect the overall posts container and not the post elements. If I target the class of the elements, it changes everything across the website. The Jupiter posts element allows me to achieve the overall post functionality compared Jet elements. Currently for the Jupiter posts element I can style Post Tile, Meta and the CTA button, but I cant style the div the contains those elements. If I have a featured image that is the same colour/shade as the font colour the font is not visible. For the Jet post element there is an option inside of style called “post item content” that allows me to style the div container and it allows me to do this without effecting any other posts from any other post category on the website. But this element does not allow me to add pagination navigation. So I can either achieve the look without nav functionality, or achieve nav functionality without the look.

I hope this clarifies the problem I am trying to solve.

The large greyspace issue appears to have ben solved by rolling back the elementor version. If I come across it again I will send a screen capture over.

Hi there,

Well in this case, maybe it’s better to use the Jet Engine plugin and create a Listing template (You can design the loop template just what you want) and then use it inside your pages. You can also use it on an Archive template. The only thing is that the amount of work would be more than what you have here, however, you can exactly get what you want.

https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/jetengine-how-to-add-pagination-to-the-listing-grid-widget/

https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/jetengine-listing-grid-widget-overview/

This is how you can add assign an archive template to your pages (in case you want to):

Hope it helps 🙂

Best regards

info-01b181a3

So how do i pull specific post catagories into listings grid and then style that listings grid?

You need to create a listing template (please refer to the previous reply links) and style it as you wish, then use it on a Listing Grid. The listing grid element has enough query options to give you the flexibility to choose what you want to show. That is how it works and all are explained in the above articles. You can also search for “Jet Engine Listing Grid” to watch some video tutorials out there.

Jet Engine plugin is bundled with the Jupiter X and comes free with it, however, for tutorials and docs, you better search for them on google.

Bests

info-01b181a3

right, I see two pagination options in the tutorial from Jet in elementor. Post pagination and pagination. The ‘pagination’ element I cant find in my install. How is this enabled?

That one is part of the Jet Smart Filters plugin (Again bundled with the theme and comes free with the product).

info-01b181a3

So, how do I add a button in the listing that will dynamically link to the custom post?

info-01b181a3

Existing post tags for posts. How are they carried over to custom post types? I cant find anything relating to this.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. If you are using Jet Engines’s Listing Grid, you need to add Query Options to your existing listing grid. Here is more help:

Please note that this is Jupiter X support and it’s true that the Jet Engine comes bundled with the Jupiter X theme. However, since it’s a third-party plugin and has another community, you need to check for its articles and support thread on Crockoblock’s website and community just to make sure you get the best support for this plugin. Thanks for your understanding.

Bests

info-01b181a3

Hi Mohsin, thank you for the answer. The problem with asking in any Jet related community is they will ask for a serial, I will say its bundled with a theme and they will tell me to come back here. I’ve been through that particular annoying rodeo far too many times with theme developers who bundle plugins with their theme.

Inevitably when a new work flow is suggested, it will come with questions and whilst the JET help section is good it does not cover everything I need to know.

Now that I have switched workflow to the CPT system I have further questions. I have setup custom posts, selected the following from ‘supports’
    <div class=”cx-vui-f-select__selected-option”>Title</div>
    <div class=”cx-vui-f-select__selected-option”>Editor</div>
    <div class=”cx-vui-f-select__selected-option”>Thumbnail (Featured Image)</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I have also added some code found on Artbee’s support site to get some sort of page options/attributes working on CPT and that is</div>
    <div>

add_filter( ‘jupiterx_post_options_post_types’, ‘my_new_jupiterx_metaboxes’ );

function my_new_jupiterx_metaboxes( $post_types ) {

$post_types[] = ‘wedding-gallery’;

return $post_types;
    }

</div>
    Now, the options shown using this code are not the same as the options I see on a non CPT posts edit page.

This means that there is no way to set a full-width page without being able to remove the page padding and have a page title. If I select ‘theme’ i cannot remove the padding as the post options does not have the option to remove this despite having a section dedicated to padding/margins and even setting those fields to zero does nothing. If I select ‘Elementor Full Width’ I lose the header. Elementor Canvas doesnt work fullstop as im not using elementor pro.

How do I add the correct page options to post edit pages?

How do I achieve a full width website, with the padding around the central content area removed and with page title?

Hi there,

You don’t need this snippet to allow the meta fields on your custom post type. All you need to do is to enable your custom post type for meta fields and customizer in Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> Settings. I just did it for you and deactivated your snippet.

If you have difficulties setting your padding for your custom post type, maybe you can set the padding through Customizer -> Post Types -> Wedding gallery now. You can also create a custom post-type template for your single wedding gallery pages or archive pages.

Bests

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login