#108559 Problem with accordion widget after upgrading to Jupiter 6.8.1

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Problem with accordion widget after upgrading to Jupiter 6.8.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi

It’s not clear to me what you are trying to do your latest update on accordion.

With 6.8.0 there was no problem at all for me (desktop or mobile), now, when i click to a closed panel the page scroll to top.

Here’s what i can see in your compiled and minified js (https://d34b8fs2z18t5a.cloudfront.net/assets/js/min/full-scripts.6.8.1.js)

{if(!this.isExpendable){var that=this;this.hide($(“.”+this.dom.current,that.$el))}
    $single.addClass(this.dom.current),$(“.”+this.dom.pane,$single).slideDown(“”,function(){window.scrollTo({top:$(this)[0].offsetTop,left:0,behavior:”smooth”})})}

before (6.8.0) it was

{if(!this.isExpendable){var that=this;this.hide($(“.”+this.dom.current,that.$el))}
    $single.addClass(this.dom.current),$(“.”+this.dom.pane,$single).slideDown()}

I can’t understand why you call for a scrollTo -> top event in this scenario.

I have rollback this specific code just to avoid the issue.

ErgoMed Sopa

Sorry i didn’t remember that there’s also a not-minified version of your core script.

Anyway, here’s the code that create the issue

Accordion.prototype.show = function($single) {
    // hide currently opened tab
    if(!this.isExpendable) {
    var that = this;
    this.hide($(‘.’ + this.dom.current, that.$el));
    }

$single.addClass(this.dom.current);
    $(‘.’ + this.dom.pane, $single).slideDown( ”, function() {
    window.scrollTo({ top: $(this)[0].offsetTop, left: 0, behavior: ‘smooth’ });
    } );
    }

Why do you add this?

Niko Eltarenko

x2 – But for the image gallery. Scrolls to the bottom of the page upon exit

Danish Iqbal

Hello ErgoMed,

I checked the Accordion and yes, I can see some change in the scroll behavior but it doesn’t look like an issue to me. It simply scrolls the active accordion to the middle of the page. Isn’t that good?

If you still think it’s an issue, could you please share a demo page of your site on which you see this issue so that I can be sure of what I see on the site is the same thing on your site too?

Regards.

Danish Iqbal

Hello Niko,

I checked the Image Gallery but I don’t see any scroll issue when I closed the Image Fancybox slideshow.

Could you please show me a demo of the issue?

Regards.

ErgoMed Sopa

On production website i have fixed it… if you need it i can setup a temporary version of it.

Anyway the problem is that when a closed panel is clicked (to open it) the entire page scroll to the “go to top” position… maybe there are some css/js conflict, i had no time to check it better.

Jeff

Hello

I am having the same issue here. See attached and this link below, when we click the tabs, it brings you to the top of the page.

Please let me know a fix for this?

https://southshorevillageri.com/our-homes-home-plans/

Thanks

Danish Iqbal

Hello ErgoMed and Jeff,

Okay, I will report it as a bug and it will be fixed in future updates.

Thank you for the information.

Regards.

Niko Eltarenko

Spicers Peak Lodge Helicopter Flight for Two | $545.00pp | Bekaa Air

This is across all pages image gallery is used; not just that particular page. (I also created a separate ticket)

Danish Iqbal

Hello Niko,

Okay, I will reply to that new ticket.

Regards.

Luca Di Francesco

Yes, for me is the same problem. How do you have fixed this bug?
    It’s a very bad experience for the users. Here my web page with the accordion.

What happens if I go back to the previous version of Jupiter X? Is it a way to solve the problem or better not to?

Thanks ErgoMed Sopa

ErgoMed Sopa

Hi

Simply revert this specific code with the old one in /assets/js/min/full-scripts.6.8.1.js

Search for

$single.addClass(this.dom.current),$(“.”+this.dom.pane,$single).slideDown(“”,function(){window.scrollTo({top:$(this)[0].offsetTop,left:0,behavior:”smooth”})})}

and change it to

$single.addClass(this.dom.current),$(“.”+this.dom.pane,$single).slideDown()}

PS.
    This is only for accordion, maybe there is something similar for image gallery widget, but i don’t use it in my websites.

Luca Di Francesco

Thanks my friend!

it works! I have directly deleted the excess part of the code.

“”,function(){window.scrollTo({top:$(this)[0].offsetTop,left:0,behavior:”smooth”})}

Jeff

That did not fix the issue on my end. I hope Jupiter support fixed this soon?

ErgoMed Sopa

Hi Jeff

This should fix the issue also in your site, please check to have applied correctly the fix and in the right position, and to clear cache when you reload the page.

PS.
    Note that you have to change the minified version of the jupiter core JS, as your website use it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
This topic is closed to new replies.