#135537 Questions about migration

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Questions about migration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dear Support,

In order to upgrade the PHP version of my site (WooCommerce has been warning that the 7.0 version,  which is at the moment installed on my site, will not be compatible with the new version of the plugin anymore) I have to move my site to a new server of the same hosting provider.

My hosting provider is going to set the new server so that it can host the new site.

Then I will have to duplicate my site from the old server into the new one.

In no more than two weeks I will be able to see the new site configuring the hosts file in my computer in order point to the new site bypassing the DNS servers.

Eventually, if everything is ok, they will make the domain point to the new server.

I am going to do everything by the Duplicator plugin and if it would not work I will do it manually.

I have three questions for you.

1) Does Jupiter work with PHP 7.4 or more?

2) Is there any problem with my Jupiter license, since for a brief period the theme is going to be installed on both the old and the new server (although the new server version will be only visible to me)?

3) Is there anything else I must be careful about as for Jupiter duplication (config files, .htaccess, files that are not in the wp-content dir,  etc.?

Thanks in advance and

Best Regards,

Carlo

Amir Rather Support Team

Hello Carlo,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

> Does Jupiter work with PHP 7.4 or more?

Yes, it does and we have sites up and running on PHP 7.4 or more.

> Is there any problem with my Jupiter license since for a brief period the theme is going to be installed on both the old and the new server (although the new server version will be only visible to me)?

I am assuming the Domain name or URL of the site won’t change, if so the License or API key will have no problems at all. In case the domain changes you can revoke the API key and make a fresh one from scratch.

> Is there anything else I must be careful about as for Jupiter duplication (config files, .htaccess, files that are not in the wp-content dir,  etc.?

Nothing as such, everything is in wp-content and in Database.

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login