#128400 Running “Event” Template Import Doesn’t import Customizer settings.

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Running “Event” Template Import Doesn’t import Customizer settings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve attempted every possible version of importing the “Event” Template (Full Import, Content Import, on a new install, with no other plugins installed, etc) and each time, despite technically succeeding with a success message, not all settings actually get imported correctly.

When doing a Full Import, some of the fonts end up not being imported (see screenshot #1). Also, the popup forms are non-existent and instead display a “sign in to post your comment or signup if you don’t have any account” message. (see screenshot #2).

On the flip side, when doing a Content Import, the header and footer never get assigned correctly. Nor do ANY of the Customizer adjustments for the template, including fonts, colors, blog post header, etc. (See screenshots # 3, 4, & 5).

I even tried exporting the Customizer settings from a Full Import on a clean install and importing that to my main site. No luck. Same broken results.

And similar to other reports on the forum, the home page throws a whole series of the following:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: apply_indexer in /wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/conditions.php on line 87

along with:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/jet-engine/includes/components/blocks-views/editor.php on lines 423 and 444

This is all running on a MAMP local dev environment with WordPress 5.8, PHP 7.4 (tried down to PHP 7.1). Jupiter X is at 1.26.0 (using the Child Theme for it – also tried with the parent theme, same results).

Can you please check on your end what’s wrong with the template that it’s leading to so many issues?

Thanks,

David

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi there,

You are right. I just reported the issues with this template. Soon our developers will look into this and will fix the possible issues. By the way, in order to fix the popup entry hiding issue, navigate to Jet Engine -> Forms and once update the form entry there.

Thanks for your report and for being patient.

Bests

Blue Star Studios

Thanks for jumping on so quickly. Really appreciate it.

Let me know when you have an update regarding the resolution from the devs. Thanks!

Blue Star Studios

Also, as you can imagine, I’m in the middle of delivering a website to a client with a deadline approaching fast. So this unexpected setback with the theme isn’t something we were foreseeing. Do you anticipate this issue being resolved in the next 48 hours? Or do I need to find a different theme altogether?

Thanks.

Hi there,

We are not sure if we can fix it up to the next 48 hours, but we can certainly help you install this template manually. If you provide us with WordPress admin credentials, I will install the template for you manually and it shouldn’t show any issues at all. (I will use WordPress native tools to import the template).

Bests

Blue Star Studios

Hi Mohsin!

Totally wish I could give you login credentials, but as I mentioned, this site is currently on my local development environment, so it’s not accessible yet. Having said that, I’m a WP plugin developer, so I’m very WP and code savvy. Would you be able to share the details on how to do the manual template installation? I can try doing it myself. I’m looking to do a Content Import.

Appreciate your help!

Hi there,

Ok, in the attachment you can find the files you need to use inside a package. Please extract it first, and then make sure these plugins are already installed on your fresh WordPress website (use Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> Plugins):

– JetElements For Elementor
    – JetEngine
    – JetPopup
    – JetSmartFilters
    – Jupiter X Core
    – Widget Importer & Exporter (for this one, use the WordPress plugin installer to find it. It doesn’t exist in Jupiter X Control Panel)
    – Elementor
    – Customizer Export/Import
    – Advanced Custom Fields

After you made sure these plugins are installed and activated, first navigate to Jet Engine and make sure the Forms module is activated. Then navigate to Tools -> Import and install “WordPress Importer” and use it to import the file “theme_content.xml” while checking the downloading the media checkbox.

When it got finished, navigate to Appearance -> Customize and import the “event-customizer-export.dat” file in the “Customizer Export Import section”.

Then use the “Widget Importer & Exporter” to import “widget_data.wie”.

Now the content shall be imported and you need to configure the homepage and menu navigations. In Appearance -> Menu, make sure your menu is set to “Primary Navigation” location.

From Settings -> Reading, assig the homepage correctly.

Lastly, navigate to Settings -> Permalinks and sare a pretty permalink structure. You should now have the template imported manually.

Let me know if you faced any issues with that.

Best regards

Blue Star Studios

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for all the data. I tried and tried and tried… And I’m sad to report that this has been nothing short of a disaster and a headache. Every single time I try to run the Tools –> Import, after choosing user re-assignments, within 15–30 seconds I get a 500 error. I attempted every configuration possible. PHP 7.1–7.4. All caching disabled. No Redis. All plugins (except for the required ones you listed) disabled. No success on first attempt.

I even tried on a brand new WordPress install. It attempts to run the importer file (“theme_content.xml”), asks me to re-assign users, and then loads /wp-admin/admin.php?import=wordpress&step=2 with an empty page. Other than WP admin menus, nothing actually gets generated on the page.

When trying to run the importer file again, I get notified that almost all media and pages were imported previously and are already existing (so they were skipped), however, it seems to be missing the “events” post type as I get dozens of the following errors:

Failed to import event-categories Art: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-tags Best Selling: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-location-city Cape Town: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-categories Causes: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-categories Comedy: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-categories Crafts: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-categories Dance: Invalid taxonomy.
    Failed to import event-categories Entertainments: Invalid taxonomy.

along with:

Failed to import “Events #1532”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1533”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1534”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1535”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1536”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1537”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1538”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1539”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1540”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Events #1541”: Invalid post type events

And

Failed to import “Party Entertainment Ideas”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “World’s First Angry Birds”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Hari 100PLUS Aktifkan”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “The Big Shopping Center”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “EcoTrail Putrajaya Party”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “Award for a Business”: Invalid post type events
    Failed to import “The Delicious dessert”: Invalid post type events

And worst of all, whenever the 500 Error gets thrown, there’s NOTHING in the debugging. Not in the WP debug log, nothing bring thrown into the PHP log, nothing in the Apache log, nothing in the MySQL log…

To say this is frustrating and confusing as heck is an understatement.

And that’s just me attempting to complete the first step.

Please create a new install on your end and attempt the exact same steps to see how it goes.

Blue Star Studios

Although I was able to succeed in overcoming the Internal Server Error 500 issues by extending the Apache timeout time, The imports still fail with a ton of missing posts, missing events post type, some SVG’s importing incorrectly (see screenshot) despite setting SVG import to allowed in Jupiter X settings, and heading colors/fonts being imported incorrectly (see screenshot). Oh and the header menu bar is the wrong height as well.

So to say things are a mess would be an understatement. Help.

Hi there,

The SVG issue should be related to your web server Mime types I guess. Anyway, please make sure the SVG support is also activated for Elementor:

https://elementor.com/help/enable-svg-support-in-elementor/

So, you may need to enable the SVG support in both Jupiter X and Elemntor and then import the template.

Regarding the issue with Jet Engine taxonomies, I have received a tip recently. It’s an issue with the Jet Engine plugin and will be resolved soon, but to make sure it fixes, just save the settings of the Jet Engine plugin, or save the taxonomies once. This would resolve the issues.

In case you need further assistance, it would be great if you share working admin credentials (in a PRIVATE reply).

BEst regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login