#130231 Sidebar disappeared after update

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Sidebar disappeared after update

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

after updating the website, sidebar on category product pages are disappeared: the only working sidebar are the one which i overwrite with the plugin “Custom sidebars”.

Here you can see a category and sub category page without sidebar: https://www.phaseitalia.it/categoria-prodotto/prodotti-chimici-per-il-restauro/solventi-reagenti/

Here you can see a category page (but not sub category) with the sidebar i’ve replaced with the plugin: https://www.phaseitalia.it/categoria-prodotto-prodotti-per-il-restauro-lapideo/

I don’t know what’s happened.

Please help,
    regards,
    Edo.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Edoardo,

I’ve been investigating this for a couple of hours now and couldn’t find the problem. I need to hand this to our developers so they investigate what is wrong. However, it requires a staging website and FTP access so they can freely debug the issue. Could you please provide it? Since the website is live, any attempt to debug it may lead to the site going down.

Best regards

Edoardo

Hi Mohsin,

i can provide to you an all in one wp migration file that contains both ftp and database and you can replicate your website where you want to test what isn’t working right now with jupiter. Let me know if this could be a good solution for you because right now we can’t provide to you a staging version of the website, and the one who’s up and running right now makes about 3000 visitors every month, so we can’t work directly on it.

Edoardo

update: i’ve activated the debug mode in wp and this are the errors i get

[01-Sep-2021 07:22:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/customer/www/phaseitalia.it/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 779
    [01-Sep-2021 07:25:39 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: quick_contact_gdpr_consent in /home/customer/www/phaseitalia.it/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiter/views/footer/quick-contact.php on line 50
    [01-Sep-2021 07:25:39 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: third_party_gdpr in /home/customer/www/phaseitalia.it/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/helpers/wp_footer.php on line 60
    [01-Sep-2021 07:26:21 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/customer/www/phaseitalia.it/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 779
    [01-Sep-2021 07:27:38 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/customer/www/phaseitalia.it/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 779

Hope this can help you a little bit more.

Hi Edoardo,

Please use the Duplicator plugin instead of All in One WP Migration because it has a limitation of 512MB files. By the way, if you have a backup of your live website and believe it’s ok if we debug the issue there, we can work with that as well. In this case, please provide a working FTP or (better than anything) cPanel credentials so we start debugging.

Regarding the error logs, I’m afraid they have nothing to do with the issue.

Bests

Edoardo

Hi Mohsin,

with duplicator i have a problem and i can’t export the website backup. if you need it, i can send to you both backup and unlimited extension of all in one to use it.

Let me know,
    regards,
    Edo.

That would be great and appreciated.

Private
    Edoardo
    This reply has been marked as private.

Please grant me access to that file or kindly remove the restriction so our developers also can download it. thanks

Private
    Edoardo
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Edoardo,

Thanks, I handed this to our developers. Please note that the tickets that require developer attention are usually taking more time than the tickets. Hence that, I would greatly appreciate it if you wait for 48 hours until our next update.

Best regards

Hi Edooardo,

Sorry, it took this much longer. Our developers informed me that the sidebar option in the Theme Options -> Shop is indeed confusing and should be removed. The option has been moved to the individual shop page sidebar settings. It’s now working in a way that you need to select the page layout on your shop page while editing in in WordPress (edit your shop page using WordPress editor) and below in the page settings, choose to either have a right sidebar or left sidebar and choose your sidebar in the custom sidebar section a little bit lower the page layout settings. This setting is effective for the shop and archive pages and by that, you can have sidebars again in your archive pages.

Thanks for being patient all this time.

Best regards

Edoardo

Hi Mohsin,

now it’s working. Thank you for support!

Regards,
    edo.

You are most welcome 🙂

Best regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login