#124726 Simple Magazine Template – Widget not working

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Simple Magazine Template – Widget not working

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello, the post carousel at the top of my homepage does not seem to work properly on mobile. It will not move to the next thumbnail when clicking the arrow buttons. Can you have a look and let me know how to fix that?

Thanks.

Nodari Support Team

Hi Joe

I see some warnings in the console related to CDN, can you please temporarily disable CDN support for this website? or, switch it to Development mode?

Thanks

Joe Gorecki

Hello, I have deactivated the Breeze plugin. Did that help?

Amir Rather Support Team

Hello,

This is a known issue with Post Carousel not sliding on Mobile and has been reported already.

Hope the developers will resolve it as soon as possible.

As a workaround, you can install the JetEngine plugin (bundled with the theme) and use the Listing Grid element (it has slider options too).

Thank you.

Regards.

Joe Gorecki

Hello, is your suggestion to replace the slider with Listing Grid on mobile layout only? Or replace for all screen sizes?

Joe Gorecki

So I can’t make a post carousel with JetEngine. I’ve tried a few different widgets including Smart Post Lists and Smart Post Tiles. I will need the exact name of the widget you are recommending.

Also, I should mention that it is frustrating to be sold a template where the main featured widget on the homepage (the post carousel) does not work on mobile. This is causing a lot of issues with my project at the moment and I need to find a solution quickly. Your suggestion was too vague. You didn’t even specify the name of the widget… “JetEngine plugin (bundled with the theme) and use the Listing Grid element”… what does that even mean?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Joe

There are several widgets that support Carousell functionality,
    1. “Post” widget from Jet elements which is not installed on your website but you can install it from Jupiter X control panel > Plugins, check detailed instructions here:
    https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/how-to-create-a-posts-carousel-using-jetelements-posts-widget/
    2. Smart Post Tiles also can be used as a carousel, you already have this widget from JetBlog, check this doc page:
    https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/jetblog-how-to-create-the-post-tiles-carousel-from-the-jetblog-smart-posts-tiles-widget/
    3. If I’m not wrong its also possible in Elementor Pro and you already have it, I cant say which widget but you may find it in the Elementor doc page

Hope this helps Joe, we will soon resolve the problem with our Post widget

Joe Gorecki

Ok I will try installing the “post” widget.

I did notice that Smart Post Tiles had carousel functionality, but I could figure out how to style the title so that the text was below the thumbnail. It seems like with Smart Post Tiles, the post title / description needs to be on top of the thumbnail image?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Gorecki

Hello, I can’t seem to install Jet Elements. I am trying to install and activate via the JupiterX plugins page. I keep getting this error message “Something went wrong! please try again.”

Please help.

Joe Gorecki

Hello, can anyone help me with this?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Joe

1. If you like the design of SMart post tiles and you only want to move the title out of the box I can help with CSS
    2. I just installed JetElements, now you will be able to use Post widget as well (the reason was a previous corrupted installation, the folder was created but no plugin files were copied, I deleted that folder and installation worked)

Regards

Joe Gorecki

Hello, do you have any idea when your developers will be fixing this bug so the carousel works on mobile? Thanks.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

I just requested the Dev team to Prioritise this bug, hopefully, will be resolved soon 🙂

Regards

Joe Gorecki

Hello, any updates on this? I don’t mean to be aggressive but I feel it is unfair to sell a template where the main homepage widget does not work on mobile or tablet. This has created a lot of problems for my project and my client is now frustrated. I hope you guys can fix this soon.

Nodari Support Team

Hi Joe

So sorry about this, please take our apologies, but it will require some time to fix and release an update, I understand your situation however before this fix you may use 2 alternative solutions I posted above, they have exact same functionality and I can help with style as well

Thanks

Joe Gorecki

Hello, I have recreated the carousel using JetElements Post widget and it seems to be working well. One thing that the Raven post carousel had was the ability to select specific articles to load into the carousel, just by typing in the name of the article. With the JetElements widget I’m not sure how to do this… is it possible? Could I use ID’s? Currently I don’t know how that works.

Thanks.

Nodari Support Team

Hi Joe

yes, you can use ID’s its and categories, it’s showing up on your screenshot, here is how to get Id’s:
    https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-get-post-id/

Let me know if there is anything else 🙂

Have a good day

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login