#135617 Theme upgrade, website content missing

Landing Forums The Ken WordPress Theme Theme upgrade, website content missing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

i upgraded the ken from 4.0.1 to 4.3.3, in the backend everything displays normal, but in the front end many parts such as text blocks or pics are missing. I also updated php to 7.4 and the lates WP Version. How can i make my site to display normal?

Thanks for your kind help, ciao Flavio.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hello there!

I installed the jQuery Migrate Helper and enabled the Legacy Version in the settings , please check now 🙂

Regards

Flavio Redlich

Hi Amir,

thanks for the quick response. Content is showing now normal. But i got a error message from the new plugin as shown below. There is written, that is not a real fix and that it does not reciev securtiy updates. Is there then a better solution for my problem?

And could you please check also the menu, sometimes on Desktop, die anker navigation does not work. Especially with the menu point “reviews”. But on mobile, the menu very often does not find the right anker point in the site. This is really bad for the user experience, especially on mobile. Can you please check the anker navigation of the menu?

Thanks a lot for your kind help, ciao Flavio.
    <h2>jQuery Migrate Helper</h2>
    Right now, you are using a plugin to support some old code in this website’s jQuery JavaScript library. That code is deprecated, meaning it is basically obsolete and is losing the support of your themes and plugins and WordPress itself.
    This plugin, called Enable jQuery Migrate Helper, is not a fix. It is a temporary solution to give your plugin and theme authors time to update.

If you get warnings, please check for updated versions of the plugin or theme that generated the warning. There will very likely be one you can install. When you have updated your plugins and themes, and there are no more warnings, please deactivate Enable jQuery Migrate Helper.

You are currently using a legacy version of jQuery. It has no support and doesn’t receive security updates. Please upgrade as soon as possible.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi Flavio,

Yes, we are aware, this problem is already reported and it will be fixed in the next theme update, that’s the reason why you have this plugin activated 🙂

Regards

Flavio Redlich

Ok, so with the next update, the jquery migrate theme will be unescessary.

and what about the menu? Especially on mobile, the anker points are not correct. Could you please try to fix that?

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Flavio,

Sorry for the delayed response. After carefully observing the anchor link behaviour, I realized that it happens because of one of the multiple viewport animations and lazy load on the images. You see, the issue is that part of the elements on the page is not loaded so they have no heights. Once you click on the anchor links for the first time it scrolls down to the point that it calculated the offset before showing up the images and the contents that are hidden due to viewport animations. While it still scrolls, they become visible and it adds to the page height. That’s why when it reaches the anchor point, it looks wrong. It won’t happen on the second scroll.

I tried to find out what plugin is adding the lazy load option, but apparently, you don’t have control over it at all. Are you aware of any kind of lazy load that your web host or CDN applies to the images on your website? If yes, can you please deactivate it and try again?

Best regards

Flavio Redlich

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your well explained reply. Now it seems to work. I ony deactivated the lazy load plugin. Cause in my web host there’s no option for lazy load and i don’t use any CDN. Or did i miss something?

And i have another questeion, in Firefox the foto slider in the header does shaking, when sliding to a new foto. The foto trembles and then the next one comes. So the transition ist not smooth. In Chrome it displays good. Do you have a soloution for this?

thank you for your kind help, ciao Flavio.

Hi Flavio,

I believe one of the items over, below, or on top of the slider is causing it. Can you please duplicate the slider, put it on a new and empty page, and see if it happens again? This is to troubleshoot and isolate the issue. It will shed up some light for sure.

Bests

Flavio Redlich

Hi there,

i created a test-page with the edge slider: https://www.pravaha-massage.de/testslider/
    But the problem ist still there, but only on Firefox. Slides are shaking very much while fading in.

Another thing is, that when i put full height, the Content on the first slight is not fully visible. So i set it to a certain height, where the content is visible. But this way, the header will never be perfectly fullsize. Is there any solution?

Thanks again for your kind help, ciao Flavio.

Hi Flavio,

It’s strange, I can’t see the issue anymore on my end. I was seeing it when I sent my previous reply, however, now whatever I do, I can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue. Did you do something?

Bests

Flavio Redlich

Hi there,

on Firefox the problem still existed. And on mobile the fotos where jumping while scrolling. I think they were trying to adjust all the time. But now i installed a new slider plugin and now it‘s working.

but thanks anyway. Ciao, Flavio.

Nodari Support Team

Ok Flavio, thanks, and have a great week

Let us know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login