#43471 Too many font requests

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Too many font requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

On slope.it I’m using JupiterX + Elementor and I’m noticing a lot of requests related to Google Fonts.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, there are dozens of font requests heavily slowing down the loading times of website’s pages. Please note that most of the imported font variations are not used at all (site-wide). The cache busting option is enabled.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to include just the used font variations? I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    <div class=””>Thank you and have a nice day!</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Best regards.</div>

Marco Slope

Attachment:

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Marco,

Disabling the Google Fonts is possible in Elementor -> Settings -> Disable Default Fonts. Also, you would need to install and activate Autoptimize and then navigate to the Extra tab and disable Google fonts. (Please check the attachment)

In general, if you don’t use the Google fonts anywhere on your website including the Customizer -> Typography and inside the pages or templates in Elementor, you will be fine. However, third party plugins may still request them. So, better to disable them with a secure method like Autoptimize.

Hope it helps ūüôā

Marco Slope

Hello Mohsin,

Thanks for your reply.

Following your instructions, I disabled default fonts in Elementor -> Settings. I also removed unused font families from theme settings.

Fonts-related http requests decreased, but they’re still too many. If you take a look at slope.it you’ll notice that every font variant is imported, even if not used at all. Is there any way to avoid that?

Currently we’re using WP Rocket as caching / page speed optimizations plugin and the “Combine Google Fonts” option is active. I would prefer not to install Autoptimize too, since it may generate conflicts with WP Rocket.

Thank you once more and have a nice day.

Hi Marco,

Actually, Montserrat, Roboto, and Raleway are widely used in your content. The point is, you need to check all the elements in all the pages one by one and make sure none of them are using the Google Fonts. Combining them with WP Rocket will not prevent them from loading. It’s just combining their request in one CSS file. The font files still have to load. If you wish to remove the google fonts from the theme, the only way is to remove them in Customizer -> Typography. But the theme is not the only place you should take care of. Elementor may call a font on all of the web pages if you just used it in one element. So you need to find that element and remove the font usage in its typography settings. Also, by searching “Disable Google Fonts in WordPress” you may find some plugins that can help you disable the fonts globally.

Best Regards

Marco Slope

Dear Mohsin,

Thank you once more. We removed Roboto, now we’re using Montserrat and Raleway only.

Let me be clearer: we want to use Google Fonts, we’re fine with that. We just need to avoid unused variants to load. For instance, I see a http request for “Montserrat” italic light in homepage. This Google Font variant is not used at all.

Why should be imported, then? The same happens with dozens of unused Montserrat and Raleway variants.

Please let me know if there is any way to keep Google Fonts enabled but loading the effectively used variants only.

Best regards.

Nodari Support Team

Hi Marko

Well, unfortunately yet there is no option available in the theme to load only desired font-weight, so, when you choose font all the font weights will load from the google, so far there is no option to prevent this but we are working on this problem and in the future updates we will include this feature

Marco Slope

Hello Nodari,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand. I look forward to see a theme update with this improvement soon, it would make JupiterX loading times even faster.

Best regards.

Nodari Support Team

Thank you for understanding Marco

Yes, indeed I agree with you, implementation of this feature is important for us and for sure our developers will do this soon.

Stay tuned and check for update logs ūüôā

Felix Kugler

Hi this thread is still relevant today! No update was done to prevent too many fonts from loading. This doesnt encourage me or any others to use JupiterX as daily work horse for my clients!

I had over 30 font requests for basically the same font family – when I changed to “Elementor Hello” Theme, the number of font requests went down to just 5 – exactly those 5 which I am using.

Solving this issue would be awesome.. Thanks!

Nodari Support Team

Hi Felix

So sorry about that, yes, we are aware, this problem is already reported and in the future update of the theme it will be fixed for sure, the solution some of our users used is to not load fonts from the theme and instead load them from the third-party plugins, for example from ELementor, or Use any font, in this case, you will have some extra job to apply those fonts to the elements but your ill save the loading time

Regards, Noda

info-094e70c5

Dear Artbees,

With the upcoming updates to the google page ranking, this update will become more and more important. We have 30+ JupiterX sites and might stop using this theme at all, since the optimizations are truly horrible. No preloading of fonts, way too many font requests, way too many bloat css and not much we can do about it, without destroying the theme. We already dequeued allot of css and js files from the JupiterX Theme in the child theme function.php, but we are still seeing allot of  unnecessary files being loaded by the theme.

Is there any estimate when these changes will go live? It’s more then a year ago this thread was opened. We don’t have much confidants that this will be fixed any time soon. We will will move to the hello theme in the future if we don’t have any clue when these changes will be made.

Pro optimization tip for anyone visiting this thread (Only works if you don’t use raven components) Place this in the functions.php of the JupiterX Child theme (This improved our pagespeed score by 20+ points):

/**
    * Deque garbage JupiterX CSS
    * @author Jeroen Keijzer
    */

function crux_dequeue_script()
    {
    // Run the dequeue script with the handle of the JavaScript file
    wp_dequeue_script( “font-awesome-4-shim” );
    wp_dequeue_script( “jupiterx” );

// Run the dequeue style with the handle of the CSS file
    wp_dequeue_style( “jet-woo-builder-jupiterx” );
    wp_dequeue_style( “jupiterx-elements-dynamic-styles” );
    wp_dequeue_style( “jupiterx-core-raven-frontend” );
    wp_dequeue_style( “jet-engine-frontend” );
    wp_dequeue_style( “jupiterx” );
    }

/**
    * DEQUE font awesome garbage – Elementor ONLY
    * @author Jeroen Keijzer
    */
    add_action(‘elementor/frontend/after_register_styles’,function() {
    foreach( [ ‘solid’, ‘regular’, ‘brands’ ] as $style ) {
    wp_deregister_style( ‘elementor-icons-fa-‘ . $style );
    }
    }, 20 );

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘remove_default_stylesheet’, 20 );
    function remove_default_stylesheet() {
    wp_deregister_style( ‘elementor-icons’ );
    }

/**
    * PRELOAD jupiterx.woff2. JupiterX makers don’t care about Pagespeed Scores….
    * @author Jeroen Keijzer
    */
    add_action( ‘wp_head’, function() {
    $ticons_dir = get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/assets/lib/ticons/fonts/’;
    echo ‘<link rel=”preload” href=”‘ . $ticons_dir . ‘jupiterx.woff2″ as=”font” type=”font/woff2″ crossorigin>’;
    echo ‘<link rel=”preload” href=”‘ . $ticons_dir . ‘jupiterx.woff” as=”font” type=”font/woff2″ crossorigin>’;
    echo ‘<link rel=”preload” href=”‘ . $ticons_dir . ‘jupiterx.ttf” as=”font” type=”font/ttf” crossorigin>’;
    } );

Hope to hear from you guys.

Sincerely,
    Jeroen Keijzer – Converseon.nl / Cruxweb.nl

<style></style>

Hi there,

We will release this fix in the coming week. There will be an option to allow loading the fonts via CSS instead of Webfont JS and it will be released this week. Please stay tuned.

Bests

k.neumueller-42393c8b

Hi there,

i was just reading this thread cause I’m facing the same issue with having tons of requests related to Google Fonts. In the last reply <span class=”bbp-author-name”>Mohsin Al-Rabieai mentioned a new feature with the option to allow loading the fonts via CSS instead of Webfont. Can you tell me where to find these settings or which steps are required to use the fonts via CSS?</span>

Thanks a lot in advance!

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello @k.neumueller-42393c8b,

The mentioned option can be found in Jupiter X > Control Panel > Settings as shown on the screenshot

Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login