#77824 Updating an older version of Jupiter and the new required plugins

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Updating an older version of Jupiter and the new required plugins

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

We recently realised we were using quite an outdated version of Jupiter and wish to upgrade it. We are currently on 6.1.5

Have been reading through the new updates and have noticed a few notices on some of them:

Please make sure to install Jupiter Donut plugin immediately after theme update. It’s a required plugin.

Please make sure to install Jupiter Core plugin immediately after theme update. It’s a required plugin.

Please update your Jupiter theme by using WordPress 5.4.2 or an earlier version, or please try to update Jupiter theme by navigating to Appearance > Themes and clicking Update Now.

So my question is, can we upgrade straight to 6.7 or do we have to upgrade to 6.3 FIRST and THEN install the “Donut” plugin, THEN upgrade to 6.5 and THEN install the “Core” plugin and THEN upgrade to 6.7?

Also, we are currently on WP 5.5, so does that mean we have to do the updates by going to: Appearance > Themes and clicking “Update Now”?

It can’t be done via Jupiter > Control Panel > Updates > and clicking any of the “Update” buttons?

Thanks!

Danish Iqbal Support Team

Hello Brett,

You can directly update to the latest available version which is 6.7

Once you update to 6.7, the admin panel will show a notice with a button to install the Core plugin and the Donut plugin. Please click that button to install the plugins.

Because you are on WP 5.5, please go to Appearance -> Themes and click on the update button to update the theme.

If that doesn’t work, please update the theme through WordPress Dashboard by checking this article https://themes.artbees.net/docs/updating-jupiter-x-theme-automatically/#updating_jupiter_x_theme_via_wordpress_dashboard

You can find the latest theme files here https://themes.artbees.net/dashboard/releases/

Regards.

Brett Marks

Hi Danish, thanks for the response. 🙂

I have gone to Appearance -> Themes but so not see an update button like you normally would; however we are using a child theme, do you need to make it active before updating it?

Also, isn’t that article you linked for Jupiter “X” and not Jupiter, or doesn’t it matter?

Thanks,

Brett

Amir Rather Support Team

I suggest you try updating with one of these two methods:

via WordPress dashboard
    or
    via an FTP client.

Both are described here: https://themes.artbees.net/docs/updating-theme-child-theme/

Please take full site backup before updating.

You can download the v6.7.0 zip here https://themes.artbees.net/dashboard/releases/

Looking forward to your response 🙂

Regards

Brett Marks

Thanks Amir – the update doesn’t shown on the WP dashboard so looks like it may have to be the FTP route.

Amir Rather Support Team

You’re most welcome 🙂

Brett Marks

Ok, having a few issues here, testing it locally thankfully.

Had to do it via FTP and upon replacing the theme with 6.7 I got errors stating a function was missing.

I thought this function may now be included in one of the new required plugins – it was, inside of the new “donut” plugin.

So I had to change back to a default theme via the DB and then installed both the new plugins – and now it’s telling me this:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare mk_get_sidebar_options() (previously declared in D:\**************\wp-content\plugins\jupiter-donut\includes\meta-boxes\class.php:1055) in <b>D:\**************\wp-content\themes\jupiter\framework\admin\generators\metabox-generator.php</b> on line <b>1059</b>

Both of these are default files, so confused why the same function is declared twice?

Brett Marks

Nevermind, was an issue within the child theme functions file. 🙂

Danish Iqbal Support Team

Hello,

Glad you figured it out 🙂

Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login