#127334 When editing a post with elementor, the wrong template is shown

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme When editing a post with elementor, the wrong template is shown

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Artbee-Team,

when we want to post something in our news section (blog) and we don’t use the basic post editor, but elementor, we have the problem, that elementor shows the post with a template we don’t use in the frontend. Where does this template come from, and more importat, what do we have to do, to see the real template inside elementor, that we use in the frontend.

Thanks for help.
    Alex

Nodari Support Team

Hi Alex

I’m reviewing your question, I checked this post created by default WordPress editor: https://www.ejgp.de/jungschar-vernetzungstreffen/ and this post by Elementor: https://www.ejgp.de/noch-freie-plaetze-auf-dem-bezirksjungscharlager/ they both have the same appearance on the front as we can see, did I miss something?

Thanks

Alex Kurz

Well, the problem is not the appearence on the frontend. It’s about the appearence within Elementor.
    Inside elementor you get another appearence of the post. Seems like another theme that is pulled there.
    Do you get what I mean? 😉

Cheers
    Alex

Nodari Support Team

Hi Alex

Ok, got it, but be aware, thats normal, when you edit the post in the Elementor editor you will not have a frontend template applied during the post edition, instead, the default setting will be applied set up from Appearance > Customize > Blog, for example, I just disabled sidebar from Sidebar setting, so, shortly, this is normal 🙂

Regards

Alex Kurz

Hi Nodari,

ok, but when I edit pages, i also see the correct template while editing.
    Is there anything i can do, to see this during editing posts?

Thanks,
    Alex

Nodari Support Team

Hi Alex 🙂

Your pages don’t have templates and they are designed by Elementor, in general, this is how Elementor works, there is nothing that we (Theme support) can change

Best wishes

Alex Kurz

Hi Nodari,

one last question:
    Can I somehow use the post design i have created in elementor as a template for the posts that I could set in the customizer?

Thanks
    Alex

Nodari Support Team

Hi Alex

Yes you can, export it as a template and then import it for the single post template, but please note you need to change static elements into dynamic elements, without this it will not work

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login