#76539 WPML uninstall / deactivate problems

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme WPML uninstall / deactivate problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am having great difficulties in getting rid of WPML (because our new Woocommerce has translation troubles with WPML or Polylang).

Issue: When removing/deactivating WPML my site gets thrown back in time so ‘breaks’. Content is very old, and loads of settings, widgets and theme options are like 5 years ago.

This probably occurs because we edited all options/settings/widgets and content while running WPML and always did it in 1 language always (Dutch: NL). Site is perfect while running WPML/Polylang in NL so I want to have all content/options/widgets etc to reflect current NL state. Can I ‘copy’ current NL stuff to ‘default’ so after deinstall the site stays like now (WPML in NL)? I already tried to export/import Theme Options of Jupiter, and also tried to do a Unify to all languages, but it seems I want to do the exact opposite: Copy 1 language (NL) to all languages and especially ‘default’ (‘languageless’ content/options/widgets etc) instead of copying default to all languages.

I am running Jupiter 6.7.0 on WP 5.5 and WPML, but the issue persists for over a year already, so in lot of different versions of Jupiter/WP/WPML and I also tried converting to Polylang now. Also tried major WPML Reset and remove and all kinds of fix buttons on the plugin troubleshoot page in WP, but this of course also results in all NL settings and content gone, and thus a site break…

Please help!

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Dear Floris, im afraid this is the question which must be asked to WPML support, yes I understand you are using our Jupiter but your problem is directly related to the WPML, because of the complexity of your problem I think its more relevant if you open support ticket at WPML, they can provide definitely better support on this question than support guys from the Jupiter

If anything is required from our side we are always ready to collaborate

Have a great day Floris ๐Ÿ™‚

Floris

Thanks for your clear and swift reply.

However I did some more in depth research myself by looking in the SQL database for a specific word I changed in NL mode (and shows on my wanted/correct site) but is old when I remove WPML or Polylang:

It seems the problems are in the Jupiter_options (_nl/_en/_all (plus _backup)) tables in the database. I found that in only 1 of the tables my new corrected word was found, and in all others the old uncorrected word.

I changed all tables to the correct one (copied contents of the good one to all tables), but every time I load the site, Jupiter changes the contents of the current one to the old contents!?

Even if I follow your way of using another language/table as in this URL/link, it changes THAT tables to old/incorrect too!

Why is Jupiter changing it, and even stranger, where does it get the old content from (which I overcopied everywhere, and is NOT to be found anywhere in my db anymore, until Jupiter again does its weird thing)?!

Thanks!

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Floris,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response. One way to fix this would be to open the Theme Options while everything is correct (activated WPML based on your description), then navigate to Theme Options -> Advanced -> Import/Export and export the theme options. Then import it in the same place while the WPML is off. Also, for the widgets, you can do the same via the plugin Widgets Import and Export. Just export the widgets when the WPML is on, then import them when WPML is off.

Hope it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login